Powder coating is a versatile, environmentally friendly finishing process suitable for interior or exterior applications. For aluminum products, powder coating adds a durable layer of protection that you can customize to match your preferred thickness, texture and color.
We believe that the right methods and materials matter. Powder coating cast aluminum requires advanced knowledge of metals, and any miscalculation can lead to surface damage and corrosion, and challenges achieving an even coat.
Powder Coating Aluminum Since 1986
At Keystone Koating, we have over 30 years of experience in powder coating cast aluminum, forged aluminum and other aluminum items. We have perfected our aluminum powder coating process to deliver outstanding results you can depend on for years of protection. For projects of any volume, we factor into account the item dimensions, metals composition and the coating specifications to ensure a complete coat and even cure.
The Aluminum Powder Coating Process
Our aluminum powder coating process begins with a consultation to gain a clear understanding of your project goals. Your dedicated sales representative will discuss your specifications, explain our services and help you create a cost-effective solution that meets your needs. We can tailor our services to include:
- Blasting: Our 72″W x 72″H x 228″L blasting cabinet removes debris and materials from your surface’s coating and creates microscopic scoring to develop a stronger bond with your primer or powder coat. For aluminum products, we use abrasives designed to treat your surfaces without causing damage.
- Pretreatment: Our eight-stage pretreatment system cleans residues from your surfaces for a smooth application, applies a chrome-free seal to protect from corrosion, uses silane technology to strengthen your bond and much more. This system is eco-friendly and meets AAMA 2604 and AAMA 2605 standards.
- Priming: Primer adds additional protection to your products and will provide up to four times greater protection from weather and wear when used for exterior applications. We use a specialized non-zinc primer designed to add resilience and develop stronger bonds.
- Coating: After masking your surfaces, we apply your choice of powder in the texture, millage and color you want. We can produce high-volume orders of high quality with exceptional turnaround times using a combined total of six systems, including batch setups and automatic lines.
The Benefits of Powder Coating Aluminum
Regardless of your industry or application, powder coating on aluminum offers multiple benefits, including:
- Environmentally friendly: Our aluminum powder coating process uses products and materials designed for a reduced impact on the environment.
- Increased durability: Powder coating provides enhanced resistance to wear for a lasting appearance and protection from the elements.
- Fast completion: From start to finish, the powder coating process allows for rapid production with expedited preparation, application and curing times.
Get a Quote Today
Trust our expert aluminum powder coaters at Keystone Koating to deliver you a quality finished product. We specialize in high volume production, fast turnaround times and offer several value-added services. To learn more about enhancing your aluminum products with Keystone powder coating request a free quote or contact us today.