As a finishing solution, powder coating offers multiple advantages. Powder coating is attractive, durable and protects your products much better than paint. Perhaps the greatest advantage of powder coating is its environmental friendliness. Compared to paint, powder coating is better for the planet and better for your products. Using the right systems and methods, we can help reduce the impact of your powder coating application even more.
Keystone Koating is an established industrial powder coating contractor with over 30 years of experience. We are also a leader in environmentally friendly powder coating services. We serve businesses in a wide variety of industries with eco-friendly powder coating using advanced materials and proprietary systems.
The Benefits of Eco-Friendly Powder Coating
You can achieve the durable finishes you want while taking care of the environment. From initial preparation to delivery of your finished product, our entire process is designed to maintain compliance with all environmental regulations regarding atmospheric pollution. When you partner with Keystone Koating for your powder coating needs, you gain the peace of mind that comes from being a good steward of the planet.
The eco-friendly benefits of powder coating include:
- Cleaner application processes: Unlike paints and other solvent-based coatings, powder coating is free from Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs). Our process emits virtually no air pollution — even for high volume orders of significant quantities.
- Reduced material waste: In powder coating and during abrasives blasting for surface preparation, any overspray is collected and reloaded for reuse. Overspray is perfectly suitable to be used again, and reclamation helps keep overhead costs low while limiting the impact on the environment.
- Greener production methods: Using products and processes that prioritize the environment, powder coating is one of the cleanest options on the market today. Our processes meet the standards set by the U.S. Green Building Council in the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) business program.
Our Environmentally Friendly Powder Coating Processes
At Keystone Koating, we believe in sustainability and strive to reduce our impact on the environment at every possible stage. We use eco-friendly processes at both of our production facilities to ensure the greatest care for the planet. We take the following measures to help you reach your powder coating goals while staying green:
- Smart surface preparation techniques: Our proprietary 8 Stage Pretreatment system relies on collected rainwater and eliminates wastewater discharge through evaporation methods. This system produces no hazardous byproducts while cleaning and preparing your surfaces for coating.
- Advanced powder coating facilities: Our Lititz and Mifflintown facilities both use energy efficient infrared heating systems to expedite the curing process and reduce our carbon footprint. We recognize the value of overspray collection and use systems and techniques designed for maximum reclamation.
- Environmentally friendly powder coating: Our powders offer durability that benefits the environment over the long term. While paint creates hazardous pollutants and chips away, requiring additional resources for touch ups, our powder coating is a lasting finish.
Products Finishing Magazine recently featured Keystone Koating in an article about the environmental advantages of powder coating.
Learn More About Eco-Friendly Powder Coating
At Keystone Koating, we tailor our processes to match your needs and offer environmentally friendly powder coating solutions for medium and large volume orders with rapid turnaround times and expert quality control.
If you are looking for an efficient way to protect your products against corrosion and wear with the appearance and texture you want, contact us to request a quote today. You can also call us at 717-738-2148 (Lititz) or 717-436-2056 (Mifflintown) to learn more about our eco-friendly powder coating services.